2012/09/27

Koko Taylor - South Side Lady



Artist: Koko Taylor
Title Of Album: South Side Lady
Year Of Release: 1992
Label: Evidence
Genre: Blues

Notes:
South Side Lady album by Koko Taylor was released Jun 05, 1992 on the Evidence label. Tracks 1-10 recorded at Condorcet Studio, Toulouse, France on December 13, 1973. South Side Lady music CDs Tracks 11-15 recorded live at Casmir Hall, Amstelveen, Netherlands on December 1, 1973. South Side Lady songs Includes liner notes by Johnny Mesiter. South Side Lady CD music contains a single disc with 15 songs.

Cut during the period when she was between Chess and Alligator, this 15-song selection, cut in a French studio and live in the Netherlands in 1973, is a potent set that finds Koko Taylor ably backed by the Aces, guitarist Jimmy Rogers, and pianist Willie Mabon. South Side Lady CD music Lots of familiar titles -- a live "Wang Dang Doodle," studio remakes of "I'm a Little Mixed Up" and "Twenty-Nine Ways" -- and a few numbers that aren't usually associated with Chicago's undisputed blues queen. ~ Bill Dahl

Tracklist:

1. I'm a Little Mixed Up
2. Wonder Why
3. What Kind of Man is This?
4. Black Nights
5. Love Me to Death
6. I Got What it Takes
7. Big Boss Man
8. I'm Gonna Get Lucky
9. Twenty-nine Ways
10. I Love a Lover Like You
11. Wonder Why II
12. Wang Dang Doodle
13. I Got What it Takes II
14. Twenty-nine Ways II
15. I Got My Mojo Working

No comments:

Post a Comment