2012/02/23

Howlin' Wolf - Live In Cambridge Ma 1966



Artist: Howlin' Wolf
Title Of Album: Live In Cambridge Ma 1966
Year Of Release:
Label:
Genre: Blues
Quality: flac
Art: scans
No. 39

Notes:
These are some absolutely horrible sounding live recordings of a club date with Wolf and his band laying it down so tough and brutal that it almost negates this disc's woeful audio deficiencies. With Wolf, Hubert and Eddie Shaw getting a high octane kick in the pants from drummer Sam Lay, this thing rocks harder than most live blues albums have a right to. While it's a pity that it sounds so awful from a technical standpoint, it's even more amazing that it exists at all. Sumlin's playing on the slow blues "Tell Me What I've Done" is seven minutes of the wildest you'll ever hear out of him and the takes on "Dust My Broom" and "300 Pounds Of Joy" are no less explosive. For diehards, true believers and completists who have to have it all. by Cub Koda


Tracklist:

1. 300 Pounds Of Joy
2. I Walked From Dallas
3. I Asked For Water
4. I Told My Baby
5. Tell Me What I've Done
6. Down In The Bottle
7. Dust My Broom
8. Goin' Down Slow

No comments:

Post a Comment